Wednesday 10:30 a.m.–10:55 a.m.
Postgres Performance in 15 Minutes
230 configuration settings? WTF? How are mere humans expected to know this stuff? You don't actually have to read all 3000 pages of PostgreSQL documentation to make your database perform well for a Django application; most of the stuff you need to know will be explained in 15 minutes.
In 15 minutes, plus Q&A time, Postgres expert Josh Berkus will explain the essentials of making your database performance "good enough" that you can ignore it and move on to other things. This will include:
- Why database configuration is less than 20% of performance
- The 14 settings most people need
- Why connection pooling is essential
- Avoiding bad hardware
- DB performance for the public cloud
- Stupid things your app does which kills performance
Enjoy this fast-paced roundup of PostgreSQL performance essentials.